Our mission is to guarantee the continued existence of research groups in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering, and Systems, ensuring that the study of these disciplines is kept up-to-date, and thus contributing to scientific knowledge of universal value. In addition, we aim to provide both the university community and the society at large the means to access such knowledge.
- Carry out original research in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering and Systems.
- Participate in the following graduate programs: Mathematical Sciences; Computer Science and Engineering; Earth Sciences; and Engineering. Participate in the undergraduate programs in both the Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Engineering, among others.
- Train high-level human resources through research projects.
- Disseminate scientific knowledge.
- Research in the areas that are studied at the Institute.
- Train human resources in research and teaching in higher education through the provision of courses, tutoring and direction of theses.
- Organize and participate in seminars, conferences, congresses and symposia and other academic events, both national and international.
- Develop outreach activities through collaborations with academic units and related national and international institutions, and with the industrial sector.
- Disseminate the results of research and technological developments produced by the Institute.